Friday, January 23, 2009

Daisy Scout Kaper Chart

Do any of you use Blog Patrol? I read about it on Split Coast. At any rate, I can view a list of who has looked at my blog, for how long and how they arrived. (See...I'm watching you...spooky, isn't it?! :) )

It seems my fellow Girl Scouts are very resourceful, as every week I have almost 10 hits just for my Kaper Chart alone! With that knowledge, I decided to post a pic of what my chart looked like for our Daisy Troop last year.


The Kaper Chart is just a big piece of poster board. I designed it pretty much the same as my Brownie one, so take a look at that post for specific dimensions.

To decorate, I took a large floral stamp by Stampin' UP (Big Blossom) and stamped directly onto the poster board in blue ink. I then added the words, cut by my handy Cricut, and the blue boxes. I finished off with some yellow circle punches in the center of the flowers and blinged the poster up with some Stickles.

We kept the duties fairly easy for the girls, as they were only 5 years old at the time. As our troop grew, we added more name circles to the bottom of the chart with velcro.

Hope this helps some of you searching for ideas! If you make anything and post it to your blog, leave me a link in the comments! I would love to see what you created!

11 comments:

Sankari W. said...

What a great chart (love the name Kaper Chart) - I can't wait till my kids are a bit older and are able to be in the Brownies, Boy/Girl Scouts etc! Beautiful project!!!

thescrapmaster said...

Neat chart! I have never heard of the program.

~Samantha

gale said...

That's so cute. I need a chart like that for ME! lol

Anonymous said...

Great chart. I may have to borrow the idea for my Daisy troop and my Brownie troop. We are selling cookies right now. Do they have anything in Japan similar to Girl Scouts?

Naomi said...

I know the other parents must envy your talents! This looks great. I can't wait till my little ones are old enough for this sort of thing!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

This is so cute! I think my dd will be able to join next year!

Heather said...

That's a very handy chart! It's too cute! I love how you decorated the poster board with stamps!

Tlbran said...

Love your Kaper Chart! The one's we had when I was little in Girl Scouts was never that cute!

Louise F NZ said...

This chart is so cool!!! I love the flowers, so cute.

Pam said...

Love the chart. I just volunteered tonight to make my daughter's daisy troop a Kaper chart. I googled to get some ideas and found yours. I am going to borrow most of your ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.

Erica said...

Love the chart, it's so cute. Thank you for posting a picture. It's really helpful to see what you did and it looks awesome! Getting ready to make one for our troop & it will definitely be based on this one. I also like that it's easy to use. Thanks for sharing your idea!